According to international food and beverage consultants, Baum + Whiteman, pistachios are the nut of the year!¹ Maybe it’s because of their smooth buttery taste or maybe it’s because they are one of the lowest fat, lowest calorie snack nuts around. Whatever the reason, it doesn’t stop there when it comes to eating trendy this year:
1. DIY Food Bars: According to Better Homes and Gardens, look for DIY food bars like crostini stations, s’mores bars, and build‐your‐own taco buffets at your next wedding, shower, or even at‐home happy hour.2 We call it a perfect format for building your own pistachio pairing bar! Supply your station with fresh fruits, dark chocolate, savory goodies and in‐shell pistachios.
2. Flavored Popcorn: From caramel and cinnamon sugar to Sriracha and jalapeno, flavored popcorn is everywhere this year!3 Enjoy it alone or amp up the yum factor by pairing your favorite popcorn flavor with buttery in‐shell pistachios and a hint of something sweet like caramels or dark chocolate.
3. Cheesy Everything: According to Shape magazine, cheese is oozing more than ever this 4 Forget the cheeseburger, and stay on trend with cheesy foods that will love you back. Enjoy le fromage as a healthy indulgence by pairing your choice of cheese with in‐shell pistachios and blueberries and you’ve got the perfect snack to beat any afternoon slump.
1. Baum and Whiteman “11 Hottest Food & Beverage Trends in Restaurants and Hotel Dining for 2015 + 22 Buzzwords: The Whiteman Report.”
2. Better Homes and Gardens. “Food Trends 2015. http://www.bhg.com/recipes/trends/food‐trends‐2015
3. Yahoo! Food. “9 Food Trends to Look for in 2015. https://www.yahoo.com/food/9‐food‐trends‐to‐look‐c1423507715508
4. Shape. “Top Food Trends from the Fancy Food Show 2015. http://www.shape.com/healthy‐eating/meal‐ideas/top‐food‐trends‐fancy‐food‐show‐2015